-
November 17th, 2001, 10:24 PM
#1
leesnedaker
Guest
I would like to know if you can use a Beta vcr for editing Beta sp. I have one of these old vcr's and have been trying to decide the best way for me to edit.
Ideas?
Lee
------------------
-
November 17th, 2001, 11:24 PM
#2
MovieStuff
Guest
One of the worst frauds ever pushed on an unsuspecting public was Sony's deliberate "name game" with the brand "Beta".
When Betamax first came out, Sony knew that the general public would simply call it "Beta", thereby capitalizing on the confusion with Sony's broadcast line of "Betacam" products, conveniently also called "Beta". Adding to the confusion was the exact same size and appearance of tape cassettes and ads for Betamax that slung terms like "professional" and "broadcast" rather carelessly and, I might add, deliberately.
For the record, Betamax is not the same thing as Betacam, nor is it even close. They both have cartridges that will fit in each other's machines, but Betamax records a simple composite base band video signal. Betacam and BetacamSP record component signals which yields a super high resolution image, compared to Betamax. Neither will play the other's tape.
If you can find the tape stock, Betamax is not a bad home vcr format, but it won't yield a broadcast grade picture.
Roger
------------------
Roger Evans
MovieStuff
http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html
-
November 18th, 2001, 02:50 AM
#3
leesnedaker
Guest
Thanks much Roger! You seem to really know your stuff. I have certainly learned alot from you and Matt along with many other people making post's on this board.
I think I just need to raise the capital to buy your Workprinter possibly the MP Pro Model Workprinter (MP = Matt Pacini).
Roger, what I would like to do is pay you to transfer one 50' roll to vhs from your Workprinter so I can see the results myself then I would probably buy one.
Does the price go down if I was to provide the GAF Projector?
Lee
Lee
------------------
-
November 18th, 2001, 03:16 AM
#4
MovieStuff
Guest
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by leesnedaker:
Thanks much Roger! You seem to really know your stuff.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
You are too kind. I manage to stumble along in life without getting into too much trouble. Hardly and expert on anything, but thanks.
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by leesnedaker:
Roger, what I would like to do is pay you to transfer one 50' roll to vhs from your Workprinter so I can see the results myself then I would probably buy one.
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No need to pay me. I am currently offering a free test. Please see the following link:
http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/offer.html
<BLOCKQUOTE><font size="1" face="Courier, Arial">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by leesnedaker:
Does the price go down if I was to provide the GAF Projector?
<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
No, not really. Frankly, I buy these things off ebay really cheap. What you end up paying for is mainly my time modifying them. It would cost you as much to ship it to me as you would save. Also, I try to hand pick the units that I base the WorkPrinter on since there are different models with subtle differences.
Let me know if I can do anything for you here at the SkunkWorks!
Roger
------------------
Roger Evans
MovieStuff
http://www.afterimagephoto.tv/moviestuff.html
-
November 19th, 2001, 12:43 AM
#5
Matt Pacini
Guest
[QUOTE]Originally posted by MovieStuff:
[B] "Let me know if I can do anything for you here at the SkunkWorks!"
Roger
Hey Roger, I thought it was Skankworks?
Has a nice ring to it!
Matt Pacini
------------------
Posting Permissions
- You may not post new threads
- You may not post replies
- You may not post attachments
- You may not edit your posts
-
Forum Rules
Bookmarks